1. AiO Logistics Network (hence called AIO) is a non-exclusive network of independent freight forwarders and international logistics companies. Network membership is not capped by AIO.
2. All AIO members must be local or regional logistics companies with good reputations (regarding finance, operations, communications, sales coordination, and other professional factors) which can be backed up with at least four third-party agency references from countries outside of the residence of their main head office. This cannot be waived. Major multinational companies that work primarily only with their own branches cannot join AIO but neutral subsidiaries of such companies are allowed.
3. AIO members agree in their first year of membership to transfer at least 50% or more of their new business activities to other AIO members and from the second year of membership at least 70% or more of their new business.
4. AIO members agree to attend the worldwide meetings, not missing two consecutive years without reason. If a member attends a regional meeting in the same year they missed an annual meeting, it is considered that they did not miss the annual meeting that year.
5. AIO members who are not up to date and current with their accounts with AIO will not be allowed to attend international meetings.
6. AIO membership invoices for new members are payable upon presentation. For renewals, AIO will invoice one month in advance. Renewal invoices are due thirty days after the date of the invoices.
7. Any bilateral agency contracts between two AIO members are considered to supersede the AIO’s standards, terms and conditions.
8. As a point of professional courtesy, AIO members will not actively target and recruit personnel of other AIO members in the same gateway. However, if personnel respond to advertisements or general announcements then it is down to the discretion of the staff member.
9. As a point of professional courtesy, AIO members will not actively target and pursue accounts that they know work with other AIO members. Should an AIO member discover this to be the case with a new prospect, they should abandon the effort. However, if an AIO member is directly requested to quote new business or bid on a project by a potential customer who currently works with another AIO member, this becomes a non-issue. AIO member should never low ball the bid or quote simply to grab the business if it is currently held by another member.
10. No AIO members shall solicit any other AIO member for the purpose of having that member join another forwarder network that competes with AIO for membership. AiO Logistics Network reserves the right to forfeit the membership of any AIO member soliciting for other networks.
1. The terms of payment among AiO members are determined by the quotation for the business concerned. Booking per the quotation without further arrangements is considered acceptance of the payment terms on the quote. Quotation acceptance supersedes any prior contracts or agreements. If no payment terms are included in the quotation and an agency contract is in effect between the parties, the payment terms will follow the contract. In cases where the quote contains no payment terms and there is no agency or other commercial contract between the origin agent and the destination agent, or unless otherwise agreed, AiO members will settle all debts within thirty days of invoicing one another.
2. Unless otherwise agreed, AiO members will keep FOB, clearance, delivery / inland transportation, etc., charges for themselves. For international ocean or air carriage, a 50/50 profit share will be assumed.
3. Unless otherwise noted and agreed, it is automatically assumed that AiO members will quote each other in United States Dollars. Quotations from AiO members to AiO members must specifically state other currencies, if this is a requirement.
4. Unless otherwise agreed, payments to AiO members will be in the currency quoted.
5. For on going business between members, monthly statements should be provided by the creditor.
6. For all ongoing AiO business requiring offsets, unless otherwise agreed, both parties should provide statements for settlement by the 10th of each month.
7. Any amounts that pass the 60 day overdue mark should be reported to the AiO Coordinator.
8. When an AiO member supports a policy that a credit application is a requirement to do business, this should be clearly stated in quotations to all other AIO members. Otherwise this will not be assumed to be a requirement.
9. All transactions between members are to be paid as agreed bi-laterally between members (or multi-laterally should the trade be cross trade arrangements between members). Payment between members for due invoices, debits, or other agreed debts which are incurred by the trade, unless previously agreed between the concerned members, will not ever require or depend upon the actions, payments, or motions of any third or fourth parties (shippers, consignees, customers, or agents otherwise). If a debt with another member was incurred then it shall be duly paid by responsible party ordering the transaction as agreed. Awaiting payment from someone else is not an excuse for non-payment to another member unless these were the terms prior to the trade.
1. English is the common language of communication between AIO members when writing. All AIO members should have in their office at all times at minimum one person to handle communications who has an internationally acceptable standard of spoken and written English.
2. Rate request from other AIO members that arrive in the AM should be responded to by the PM. Rate requests from other AIO members that arrive in the PM should be responded to within the AM following business day. If the rate is not yet available, needs more information, or is difficult to get quickly, an immediate notification as such should be sent in writing. (When referencing AM and PM, we are noting the receiver’s time.)
3. It is assumed that AIO member’s operations have workable telephones, faxes and e-mail systems. AIO members should, when ever possible, use official company e-mail accounts for business and refrain from free sites such as Hotmail, Yahoo!, etc.
4. Routing orders to AIO members should clearly state that the routing order is from an AIO member. This is in order to avoid confusion.
5. Any time a quotation or shipment is refused, the refusing party must let the AIO party being refused concisely in writing the reason the quotation or cargo is being refused.
6. If bilateral agency contracts are required by AIO members as a condition of working with other members, this should be clearly stated in initial quotations to other AIO members.
1. Acknowledgement of all sales leads should be undertaken by next business day latest. This includes leads that the recipient might not be able to accept for whatever reason (reason should be stated).
2. Leads should be followed up and reported to the originating party within five business days. This includes all leads with holding patterns.
1. Any official complaints regarding AIO members should be made to the AIO Coordinator with a cc to the AIO Executive Director. Any official complaints regarding AIO staff should be made directly to the AIO Executive Director.
2. AIO members may be dismissed at the discretion of the Executive Director for non-conformity with the AIO Standards, Terms and Conditions listed here.
3. AIO members may be dismissed at the discretion of the Executive Director for refusing to quote to or work with other AIO members if they have never worked together.
4. AIO members may be dismissed at the discretion of the Executive Director for non-payment of non-disputed debts to other members.
5. AIO members may be dismissed at the discretion of the Executive Director for non-payment membership subscription fees after two official warnings.
6. Dismissal of AIO members for financial reasons will be broadcast to all members for their financial protection.
7. Resignation of membership will have an immediate effect if no resignation date is given. If any outstanding debts or invoices are owed to AIO, they are to be settled immediately. There are no refunds of membership dues for resignations.